About Us » School History

School History

Christ the King Lutheran Church was founded in 1959, and the school, an integral part of the congregation’s ministry, followed a year later with the establishment of a pre-school and kindergarten.  The elementary school began with a first grade consisting of eight students in 1964. The Lord blessed a congregation dedicated to quality Christian education, and the school grew, adding its first educational building in 1971, and a second in 1975. A preschool was developed from a residence purchased in 1980, and four classrooms were added to the second educational structure in 1986. Improvements have been constant on the ten acre campus, including a new preschool building with a capacity of 146 children completed in August, 2001. In September of 2003, a new science, technology, and administrative structure were completed. The building includes a greatly expanded computer center, and a science lab and lecture room. Both are first rate facilities.


From modest beginnings, Christ the King Lutheran School has grown to serve a diverse body of students, aged 18 months through the eighth grade, has a qualified professional staff, is approved by the State of Tennessee,  and accredited by National Lutheran Schools Accreditation (NLSA). Its graduates are well prepared to meet any academic, artistic, or athletic challenge they may encounter in high school. Most importantly, they know Jesus Christ as their Savior and as a real and personal force in their lives. They are prepared to live productive lives of discipleship and service, and to provide Christian leadership in the world.